Before your Session
Please read the below items to prepare for your Initial & On-Going Sessions with Dr. Miller.
1. Please contact my assistant Chelsea for any logistical matters outside of the session time including scheduling, rescheduling, cancellation, insurance or financial matters. You can either text her at 646-627-9513 or email her at: Assistant@DrMichelleMiller.com. If you need to reach out within the same day of your scheduled session please text me directly at 646-694-0793.
2. For In-Person Sessions: Please do not arrive earlier than 5 minutes before our scheduled session time. Please do not talk or make any loud noise in the waiting room. If you use your cell for non-speaking purposes please put it on vibrate or silent mode.
3. For Online Sessions:
If we are meeting on Skype please send me a contact request prior to our session. My Skype username is Dr.MichelleMiller. At the start of the session I will accept your request and then will Skype you.
For Google Hangouts, please click on this google hangouts social icon . Clicking on this icon will take you straight to the video conference call.
For FaceTime sessions, please text me your FaceTime # at 646-694-0793 before the start of the session and I will FaceTime you at our scheduled session time.
4. I have a 48 hour cancellation policy for both Online and In-Office sessions. If you cancel within the 48 hour period prior to your scheduled session time you will need to pay the full session fee. Extreme or unusual situations are considered. If you need to reschedule or cancel within the 48 hour period prior to your session please either email or text my assistant Chelsea at: 646-627-9513 or Assistant@DrMichelleMiller.com Chelsea will do her best to accommodate you but cannot guarantee another slot during that time if you do need to reschedule.
5. I only accept Credit Cards for Online sessions. For new clients I require a valid credit card before the start of our session.
6. Contacting me on the Day of Our Session: If you need to contact me the day of our session please only text me at 646-694-0793. Please note that I am usually back to back with clients on session days and you might need to wait until the beginning of our session time to hear back from me. Due to the nature of this practice there may be a waiting period before the start of our session. If the waiting period is more than 5/7 minutes I usually notify my clients via text.
7. For Out-of-Network Insurance Compensation: Clients pay me out of pocket and then get compensated by their insurance if they have out of network mental health benefits. Please keep a record of all of the session dates and email them to my assistant Chelsea at: Assistant@DrMichelleMiller.com on a monthly basis along with the full name on that matches the insurance plan, address that matches your insurance plan, your insurance ID, insurance plan name and date of birth. Chelsea will then email you a signed claims form within a week for you to submit to your insurance company. Many times insurance companies have a form that they require for you to download on their website and submit for mental health services compensation. In this case, please email Chelsea a pdf or scanned version of this form in the same email requesting an insurance invoice. It will then be electronically signed and emailed back to you. The information on the insurance invoice that Chelsea will email you will have all of the information required to fill out your insurance company’s downloaded form. If you have any further questions about this process please feel free to email or text Chelsea at 646-627-9513.
I am honored to be connecting with you in this sacred shared space and hope that this therapeutic process will be a vital part of your healing journey!